Sportswear giant Nike has said it has ended its sponsorship of Mason Greenwood following the Manchester United player’s arrest on suspicion of the rape and assault of a woman.
The firm initially suspended its deal with Greenwood, who is is currently on police bail, after his detention last week, saying it was “deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations.”
Nike announced on Monday that “Mason Greenwood is no longer a Nike athlete.”
United has said the 20-year-old England forward, who was later also questioned on suspicion of sexual assault and making threats to kill, will not be playing or practising with the club until further notice.
Greater Manchester Police said last Wednesday that Greenwood was “released on bail pending further investigation.”