Mum strangled daughter and said ‘I’m going to kill you’ in cocaine-fuelled attack

A mum who strangled her daughter and threatened to knife and kill her just hours after being released from prison has been jailed again.

Sherrie Clarke, aged 36, was released from custody on December 20 after serving a one-year sentence for a burglary but ended up back in trouble by 2am the following day.

Clarke, from Sheffield, went into a shop to buy lager and was driven home by her daughter who had collected her upon release, as reported by Yorkshire Live.

Sheffield Crown Court heard that while at home, Clarke had made arrangements for crack cocaine to be delivered to the property.

Prosecutor Lydia Carroll informed the court that when her daughter tried to stop her from taking drugs, Clarke became aggressive and strangled her.

Her mum told her: “I’m going to kill you, I’m going to stab you.”

Clarke’s daughter managed to run away and another resident at the shared accommodation in Sheffield contacted the police.

One officer spoke with the victim in the case who described that her face had turned purple from being strangled. The police officer added that she was so shaken by what had happened that she vomited.

During her arrest, Clarke spat at a police officer and repeatedly claimed it was as a result of her trying to get her own hair out of her mouth.

She also banged her head against the police van as she was transported to the police station and again banged her head against a wall when they arrived, Ms Carroll added.

In a prepared statement she continued to deny the spitting allegation adding that her hair had tangled around her tongue piercing and had gone down her throat.

She also said she could not recall the ordeal with her daughter due to being heavily intoxicated.

In a letter written to the judge and read by her barrister, Clarke said she was ashamed and regretted the attack on her daughter.

Clarke, of no fixed address, admitted one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, assault of an emergency worker and making threats to kill and was sentenced to one year in prison.

Don’t miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond – Sign up to our daily newsletter here.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.