Politics

Melissa Caddick left husband with $1.95 in the weeks following her disappearance


Conwoman Melissa Caddick’s toy boy husband was left with a measly bank balance in the weeks following her downfall.
Conwoman Melissa Caddick’s toy boy husband was left with a measly bank balance in the weeks following her downfall.

Sydney conwoman Melissa Caddick’s husband was left destitute and unable to feed himself in the weeks following her disappearance, new documents have revealed.

In an affidavit submitted to ASIC on December 8, 2020 and released Wednesday, Anthony Koletti said he had been left with no income after quitting his part time job as a hairdresser to be taken care of by Ms Caddick.

Ms Caddick disappeared in November 2020 following a raid on the couple’s Dover Heights mansion.

Read Next

Roughly a month later, a screenshot submitted with the affidavit of Mr Koletti’s bank account showed he had just $1.95.

Melissa Caddick’s husband, Anthony Koletti, told authorities he was left with no income and unable to pay for basic expenses in the weeks following her disappearance. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Damian Shaw
Melissa Caddick’s husband, Anthony Koletti, told authorities he was left with no income and unable to pay for basic expenses in the weeks following her disappearance. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Damian Shaw

Mr Koletti explained in around March 2020, during the early days of the pandemic, the pair had agreed he would leave his job over health concerns.

“At that time, (Caddick), who was the primary bread winner in our family, and I had a discussion and agreed that, in order to reduce the health risk to the family, I would cease working and remain at home and attend to household duties, child care, and facilitating after school appointments,” Koletti said in the affidavit.

“As a result, I currently do not earn an income.”

Mr Koletti appealed to ASIC to be allowed to pay the family’s ongoing living expenses from Ms Caddick’s seized assets.

He claimed even “basic health and food requirements will be jeopardised” if the expenses usually covered by Ms Caddick were not paid.

“I am concerned that, if the immediate living expenses that would otherwise be paid by (Caddick) are not paid, (child‘s name redacted) will not be able to return to his current school to commence his year 10 studies, insurance and security will not be able to be maintained in relation to (Caddick’s) assets, the basic utilities attached to the Dover Height property may not be paid and may be cut off,” he said.

New documents revealed Mr Koletti was left with just $1.95 in his bank account.
New documents revealed Mr Koletti was left with just $1.95 in his bank account.

Mr Koletti, who was 10 years Ms Caddick’s junior, has since made attempts to get his hands on part of the fortune she accrued as the result of a $23 million ponzi scheme involving their closest friends and family.

The pair used proceeds of the crime to fund a lavish lifestyle including overseas trips, designer outfits and luxury properties.

Three months after Ms Caddick’s disappeared, her decomposed foot was found by campers in Bournda National Park near Tathra, over 400km south of Sydney.

In a bid to recoup some of the money Ms Caddick stole, and return it to investors, ASIC seized various assets and commenced court proceedings against her and others including Mr Koletti.

Mr Koletti has not been accused of any wrongdoing in relation to Ms Caddick’s criminal conduct or disappearance.

Read Next



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.