Entertainment

ITV I’m A Celebrity could be axed after serious Storm Arwen damage


I’m a Celebrity could finish after Storm Arwen wreaked havoc on production with sets allegedly destroyed,

Sources told The Sun the show could be delayed going back on the air, or cancelled indefinitely as crew try to see what was and wasn’t damaged by the intense storm.

Insiders hinted the ITV shows bosses will be trying and understand “where they go from here” after the damage from the storm during the weekend.



David Ginola, Louise Minchin, Snoochie Shy, Richard Madeley, Frankie Bridge, Kadeena Cox, Matty Lee, Naughty Boy, Ben Miller and Arlene Phillips who star in the new series of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! I

A source said: “This is a crushing blow. No one anticipated the disaster that this storm would cause and it has completely blindsided us.

“The worst damage is to one of our three production areas — the tent where we keep the scanners, the TV editing suite, the production office and our IT equipment. From the outside, it is wrecked.

“At the moment, we still don’t know what the damage done to the equipment is, as we can’t go in until it has been declared safe.

“But we need time to get everything fixed and the break buys us some time. We are hoping against hope it will be enough and that we can return on Monday.

“To go ahead then, we also need the green light to bring more staff back on set. But at the moment, nothing is guaranteed.”

Another insider told the Sunday Mirror said: ‘I’m A Celebrity is the jewel in ITV’s crown – one of their top-earning and most popular shows.

“Having it disappear, even for 48 hours, a week into the series is a disaster.”

The celebrity contestants were returned to quarantine as bosses made the decision to remove them from camp.

ITV confirmed in a statement: “Whilst we get the production base back up and running after suffering technical issues due to the storm, we have removed the celebrities from the castle.”

The campmates will return to the castle once the show’s entire production is safely re-established, with the quarantine conditions for the celebs the same as they were before they joined the show.

If they come into contact with anybody outside of I’m A Celeb’s secure Covid bubble, they won’t be allowed to return to camp – with Richard Madeley forced out of the show after just four days due to a hospital dash.

It was previously reported that the show’s production area “looks like a bomb has hit it”, with “terrified” crew almost blown off their feet.

Get the latest celebrity gossip and telly news sent straight to your inbox. Sign up to our weekly Showbiz newsletterhere.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.